Faculty180 is a University-wide, web-based information management system enabling the collection, organization, sharing, analysis, and presentation of critical data regarding faculty scholarship, research, and service activities. All full-time faculty at SLU, in all colleges/schools, are expected to maintain their scholarly activity data in the Faculty180 database.
What do we use Faculty180 for?
Faculty180 is used to simplify and standardize internal and external data collection and reporting tasks that support institution-wide academic planning, assessment and accreditation efforts.
Via Faculty180 we can:
- Collect and report on data that supports annual faculty evaluations as well as the development of promotion and tenure dossiers. Faculty180 can help these processes become comparatively paperless.
- Meet the information needs of specialized disciplinary accreditation efforts (in fact, Faculty180 comes with “built-in” reports for accreditors such as the HLC, ABET, LCME, CAEP, AACSB, and others).
- Reduce college/school reporting required to support the University’s institutional accreditation and efforts.
- Gather and present data in ways that improve communication with internal and external audiences about faculty accomplishments.
- Populate consistent faculty profiles/CVs on University web pages.
Every SLU college/school has a designated Faculty180 liaison who can answer basic questions about the system, provide help with unit-specific directions, etc.