Consistent with the University Policy on Faculty Workload, academic units are expected to develop written workload policies for faculty. Such policies help to ensure equity in faculty evaluation. This page compiles the University policy as well as approved unit-level policies.
Consistent with shared governance, a Faculty Senate committee reviews and approves unit-level workload policies. Once approved by the Faculty Senate, unit-level policies are reviewed and approved by the Provost. Workload policies for the University may be found by following the links below.
University Policy on Faculty Workload
(February 29, 2016)
This policy establishes common definitions and guiding principles to ensure that faculty workload is handled consistently across the University. Click here to view this policy.
Unit-Level Workload Policies
Workload policies for colleges, schools, centers, libraries, and departments/programs are listed below. Approved workload policies are linked from this list.
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- American Studies
- Computer Science
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Fine and Performing Arts
- Health Care Ethics, Albert Gnaegi Center
- Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Political Science
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Theological Studies
- Women's and Gender Studies
- Business, Richard A. Chaifetz School of
- Education, School of
- Engineering, Aviation and Technology, Parks College of
- Health Outcomes Research, Center for
- Health Sciences, Doisy College of
- Law, School of
- Libraries, University
- Medicine, School of
- Nursing, School of
- Professional Studies, School for
- Public Health and Social Justice, College for